Friday 13 May 2016

My First Encounter with Facebook

My first encounter with Facebook was when I was eight years old. Like any other day, I was playing at home when I noticed my elder brother doing something on the computer. I went up to him and saw that he was playing a game in which you could build the city of your dreams...You're right ! it was cityville. But being a kid, I was fascinated by the concept of the game. So I asked him to create an account for me. At that time none of my friends were on Facebook. Everything I did in that game had to be perfectly thought about and planned. It was like a fantasy to create a city of your own in the virtual world. That's how marketing works !

Later I discovered that Facebook was not only for games, it had a search bar too ! But again, being a dumb kid I began to search for my friends on Facebook who didn't even have an account in it. The results showed up ( obvioulsly of people with similar name )...but again being a dumb kid, I was shocked and wondered how the internet knew my friends ! And that was my first time....on Facebook :-P

PS : this is the first post on my blog and i suppose "Friday the 13th" was the best day to post it..

2 comments:

  1. I want to be the first to comment. Hope this little raspberry grows like a giant watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be the first to comment. Hope this little raspberry grows like a giant watermelon.

    ReplyDelete