Thursday 2 June 2016

Another Post about Facebook

A Random Rant about Facebook
Growing older, I realized it was not that awesome and exciting as it was earlier. You can never hate something at its first instance. It is the result of accumulated disappointments. Now there are hundreds of things that pisses me off about facebook, but I am not going to list all of them because I don't want to be the reason behind you not using facebook although I know that my opinion doesn't matter. There are definitely a few things that you might relate to and a few that you are doing already and might go against me ! Sorry...

Just when I log into it, facebook makes me feel that the whole world was partying and I was not invited. (Does this joke sound familiar ? me too). Starting with the most annoying thing - pictures that other people post. Inspite of having a good camera on their phone, they use apps like retrica and candy cam. Next they type long descriptions filled with irrelevant smileys, and the sentences don't make any sense because half of it is in Hindi and the other half in English. They write about how awesome time they spent together in a 300 word essay even if they were just drinking coconut water roadside. Dude, how the fuck can you exaggerate such a small thing ?? Why didn't you apply the same skills while writing high school essays ? They are so keen on being expressive that they use five to eight smileys of the same type in the same line.

Next comes the captions ! On the 1st of January, we get the analysis of the most googled words last year. First in the list is always either "Donald Trump" or "Rahul Gandhi funny speech", but the next thing, I am sure has to be "Fb status quotations". A friend who is dumb, lazy and jobless suddenly starts talking about life and ambition. Such a break in their character sounds threatening.

 Next comes the abbreviations which even Einstein wouln't understand. SC, PC, EC followed by MC and BC, which I have no clue what it means. The only abbreviation justified is PC because the person who has taken the photo must get the credit he deserves as every person with a DSLR and instagram account is not a photographer. But I don't understand the concept of SC and EC. Edit credits ? really ? is there a person sitting there for you to edit all you pictures or are you a noob or something ? What the hell is selection credits ? You need another person to google a stupid status for your photo and tell you which photo you should upload ? This sounds like a lame excuse for not doing a work which is not even necessary !! So much hard work goes into the making of an Fb post....I wonder why ? Is it even necessary to employ three people into it ?
It would have been better if this level of perfection and passion was shown by them in doing something constructive in their career...Knowing all this, I still log into it each day and procrastinate like a boss !! :-P

1 comment:

  1. Many of them are jobless. So fb is the main timepass.

    ReplyDelete